Rum Creek: Berry Creek Area is in Monroe County adjacent to Rum Creek WMA. Berry Creek Area is a 161-acre archery-only tract. This property is owned by Georgia Power Company and leased free of charge to Georgia DNR. Berry Creek provides hunting opportunities for deer, turkey, and small game. Falconry is permitted during small game season.
This tract predominately consists of an open pine canopy and grassy ground cover that is frequently burned. This creates great habitat for game species such as quail, turkey, deer and fox squirrels as well as many song birds.
Parking is only allowed in designated areas. Please see the interactive map for locations.
- Archery Hunting
- Geocaching — not allowed before 10 a.m. during turkey season
- B.F. Grant WMA
- Bartram Forest WMA
- Cedar Creek WMA
- Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center
- Clybel WMA
- Echeconnee Creek WMA
- Go Fish Education Center
- Jarrell Plantation State Historic Site
- Joe Kurz WMA
- Marben PFA
- Oconee WMA
- Sandhills WMA: East & West
- Sprewell Bluff WMA: East & West
- Walton Public Dove Field & Hatchery