Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer! Volunteers give the most valuable gift: time. The valuable services our volunteers provide help Georgia’s wildlife in more ways than one!
Our volunteers get a chance to:
- Work with wildlife like bats, turtles, songbirds, shorebirds and amphibians
- Teach the next generation about stewardship, ethics and safety
- Maintain access to Georgia’s wild places
- Help with activities at outdoor events, like face painting, fishing stations and archery
Incentive Recognition Program
For each 50 hours of volunteer service, a volunteer will receive a choice of incentive items recognizing and thanking them for their service. The new hour-tracking system will send an email to a volunteer reaching the 50-hour level asking what incentive gift they want.
- Polyester round drum-shaped cooler bag
- Heat sealed insulated dark silver lining
- Sturdy insulated main and side compartments
- Side and front zip pockets
- Double mesh pockets with daisy chain webbing for attaching accessories
- Adjustable comfort strap with padding
- Equipped with a 4400mAh lithium ion battery
- Sleek design for maximized portability
- Indicator lights to show you how much juice is left in it
- Complimentary premium packaging with straw on the back
- Micro USB cable included and instruction manual
- Waterproof portable camping stool
- Insulated lined main cooler compartment with space for 24 cans
- Labeled pockets for a cellphone and a flashlight
- Adjustable drawstring cup holder
- Business card/ID holder
- “Quick Draw” carabiner tool
- Retractable bottle opener
- Adjustable and detachable padded shoulder strap
How to Become a Volunteer
- Go to www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com
- Click "Events and Hunter/Boater Classes & Volunteer"
- Click "Enroll Now"
- Create Account. Fill out information, then click "Create Customer"
- Click "Event/Volunteering"
- Create Volunteer Application
- Once your application is approved, you can then look for volunteer opportunities on the calendar
- If you are looking for a specific opportunity, contact Michael Sellers at Michael.Sellers@dnr.ga.gov or 706-557-3101
Log your hours below. You can also click here to access the volunteer timekeeping portal. Wildlife Resources Division volunteers do not need to enter a park location.