Thank you for your interest in becoming a volunteer! Volunteers give the most valuable gift: time. The valuable services our volunteers provide help Georgia’s wildlife in more ways than one!
Our volunteers get a chance to:
- Work with wildlife like bats, turtles, songbirds, shorebirds and amphibians
- Teach the next generation about stewardship, ethics and safety
- Maintain access to Georgia’s wild places
- Help with activities at outdoor events, like face painting, fishing stations and archery
Incentive Recognition Program
For each 50 hours of volunteer service, a volunteer will receive a choice of incentive items recognizing and thanking them for their service. The new hour-tracking system will send an email to a volunteer reaching the 50-hour level asking what incentive gift they want.
- Polyester round drum-shaped cooler bag
- Heat sealed insulated dark silver lining
- Sturdy insulated main and side compartments
- Side and front zip pockets
- Double mesh pockets with daisy chain webbing for attaching accessories
- Adjustable comfort strap with padding
- Equipped with a 4400mAh lithium ion battery
- Sleek design for maximized portability
- Indicator lights to show you how much juice is left in it
- Complimentary premium packaging with straw on the back
- Micro USB cable included and instruction manual
- Waterproof portable camping stool
- Insulated lined main cooler compartment with space for 24 cans
- Labeled pockets for a cellphone and a flashlight
- Adjustable drawstring cup holder
- Business card/ID holder
- “Quick Draw” carabiner tool
- Retractable bottle opener
- Adjustable and detachable padded shoulder strap
How to Become a Volunteer
- Visit https://www.gooutdoorsgeorgia.com and click “Go To Site” under “Events and Hunter/Boater Classes & Volunteer.”
- Login into your Go Outdoors account or click “Enroll Now” to create a new account.
- Hover your cursor over “Events/Volunteering” and select “My Events/Volunteering.”
- Select “Apply To Volunteer.”
- Fill out the Volunteer Application. Then, scroll to the bottom of the page and click “Create Volunteer Application” to submit.
Log your hours below. You can also click here to access the volunteer timekeeping portal. Wildlife Resources Division volunteers do not need to enter a park location.