Wildlife Resources Division is pleased to continue its series of programs focusing on the development of hunting skills and conservation knowledge. This year’s hunts will include deer, squirrel, quail, rabbit, and turkey.
Hunt & Learn
We offer one to three-day Hunt & Learn programs that educate participants about hunting and conservation, along with an opportunity to hunt a specific game animal. Participants will have the chance to learn hunting tactics, game identification, and hunter safety from experts. Our Hunt & Learn courses are geared towards the new hunter that wants a safe and educational learning environment. Both youth and adult programs are available to accommodate a wide range of ages.
Half-Day 101 Courses
Can't do a whole day? We also offer half-day "101" classes that have educational and live fire components focused on a specific game animal. Dates and info coming soon!
Dates of Hunt & Learn Programs
Adult Hunts for 2018–2019 Season
- Deer: Chattahoochee Fall Line WMA (October 26–28, 2018)
- Quail: Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center (November 30–December 2, 2018)
- Rabbit: Clybel WMA (January 4–6, 2019)
- Turkey: Chattahoochee Fall Line WMA (April 19–21, 2019)
Youth Hunts for 2018–2019 Season
- Deer: Clybel WMA (October 12–14, 2018)
- Quail: Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center (October 26–28, 2018)
- Deer: Buck Shoals WMA (November 3–4, 2018)
- Squirrel: Clybel WMA (November 9–11, 2018)
- Squirrel: Buck Shoals WMA (December 8, 2018)
- Falconry: Clybel WMA (January 4–6, 2019)
- Turkey: Buck Shoals WMA (April 6–7, 2019)
- Turkey: Clybel WMA (May 10–12, 2019)
Follow These Steps to Successfully Register for a Hunt and Learn
- Click on the appropriate workshop link above to apply.
- Watch for your receipt of a confirmation email.
- Once the registration period has closed, an application will be emailed to you.
- Complete the application and return by email before the stated deadline.
- Selected and non-selected individuals will be notified within 10 days of the application deadline.
- Selected individuals will have 7 days to arrange payment. If payment is not completed, the spot is made available to the next person on the waiting list.
We offer a series of programs focusing on the development of hunting skills and conservation knowledge. Experiences range from half-day to 3-day events and are available for youth and adults.