The Georgia Wildlife Resources Division Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center is pleased to offer a series of programs focusing on the development of fishing skills and conservation knowledge.
Children, ages 8–15, and their supervisors are invited to a weekend of learning about fishing through our Fish-n-Learn Education Program. Classes will include Equipment and Casting Techniques, Regulations, Biology and Habitat and more. Don’t worry, there will be plenty of time set aside for fishing!
For each child attending, a parent/guardian must attend and be registered.
The Fish-n-Learn Program has three levels:
- Fish-n-Learn 1: Beginner level focusing on the basics of fishing, equipment, casting and cleaning your catch.
- Fish-n-Learn 2: Intermediate level focusing on bass fishing, different lure types, river fishing, and knot tying.
- Fish-n-Learn 3: Advanced level focusing on the different types of fishing, such as fly fishing and surf fishing.
Cost & Registration
The weekend includes fishing on one of our ponds as well as education programs on equipment, regulations, and basic fish biology. Participants will stay on site and dine at the Charlie Elliott Conference Center.
- Cost: $110 per person, includes lodging, guide, education and food
- Register: Call 770-784-3059 to register
- Fishing License: Adults and children over 16 must possess current fishing licenses (purchase a license)
Upcoming Fish-n-Learn Programs
Fish-n-Learn Programs take place at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center. Registration is required and spaces are limited!