Located in Georgia's upper coastal plain, McDuffie Public Fishing Area offers anglers 7 ponds ranging in size from 5 to 37 acres. Visitors may fish for Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Channel Catfish, and Redear Sunfish while enjoying the longleaf pines and sandy soils.
This area also offers opportunities for dove and waterfowl hunting. Waterfowl hunters must check kiosk at entrance gate for information on which ponds are open. Please check the Hunting Regulations for more information.
New! Catch a big fish at a Public Fishing Area and you may be eligible for an Angler Award or even a PFA Record award. Learn more about Angler Awards.
Accommodations & Facilities
- McDuffie Archery Range, Environmental Education Center, & Hatchery
- Boat Ramps
- Campground — 7 tent, trailer & RV site-specific campsites
- Canoe Access
- Fishing Dock
- Nature Trails
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Sites
- Geocaching — not allowed during managed hunts
- Lake Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- A.H. Stephens State Park
- Alexander WMA
- Big Dukes Pond WMA
- Di-Lane WMA
- Elijah Clark State Park
- Fishing Creek WMA
- Germany Creek WMA
- Lower Broad River WMA
- Magnolia Springs State Park
- Mead Farm WMA
- Mistletoe State Park
- Oconee WMA
- Phinizy Swamp WMA
- Redlands WMA
- Robert Toombs House State Historic Site
- Soap Creek WMA
- Spirit Creek Forest WMA
- Yuchi WMA
- Reservations and payment must be made online using a credit card at www.GoOutdoorsGeorgia.com, or 1-800-366-2661 Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday–Sunday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Camping Fees: Tent site with electricity and water is $20 per night, 50-amp RV site is $30 per night.
- Campground opens at 7 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m. Check-out time is 3 p.m.
- To protect McDuffie PFA resources, campsite occupancy is limited to one of the following: one motor home and one automobile, one auto with pop-up tent trailer (or other type trailer), one auto and one pickup with mounted camping rig, or two motorized vehicles.
- Camp only in paid camping site, each site is identified by number.
- When all campsites are filled, no additional campers may stay overnight in the camping area.
- Maximum occupancy of a site is 14 days.
- Campers using the site for 14 days must vacate the area for at least four days.
- Campers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets are permitted; however, owners are responsible for their conduct and must clean up after them.
- Consideration of others is important at all times. Please observe quiet time between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.