Below are some excellent resources, compliments of Texas AgriLife Extension, to educate yourself on how to distinguish feral hog sign, the destructive capability of feral hogs, and proven methods for controlling feral hog populations on your land.
- Recognizing Feral Hog Signs
- Impact of Feral Hogs on Native Plant Communities
- Feral Hogs Impact on Native Wildlife
- Diseases Associated with Feral Hogs
- Excluding Feral Hogs from Wildlife Feeders
- Capture Techniques: Hog Traps
More Feral Hog Information
- Diseases of Feral Swine (USDA and SCWDS brochure)
- Video Series on the Feral Hog Pandemic
- Wild Pig Info Website: Mississippi State University has created a website that has several items of interest for landowners and others that wish to learn more about feral pigs and the control of these animals. Items on the website include the publication "A Landowner's Guide to Wild Pig Management" and a link to the film "A Pickup Load of Pigs."
- Nuisance Wildlife in Georgia
Feral Swine Workshop & Trapping Demos
Join wildlife experts for upcoming free Feral Swine Workshop and Trapping Demonstration. Topics include wild pig biology, regulations and laws, effective control techniques and more. Q&A follows presentations. Speakers include representatives from GA Wildlife Resources Division, University of Georgia, GA Dept of Agriculture, GA Association of Conservation Districts, and USDA Wildlife Services. Lunch is included.
Dawsonville (Note: This event is FULL, no more registrations are being accepted at this time)
Hawkinsville (see registration info below)
More Workshops Will Be Offered This Year - Stay Tuned!
Sign into your customer account. If you don't have a customer account, click on "enroll now." Once you are signed in, click on the "Events/Volunteering" tab at the top of the page and search by date for the event you want to find. Click on the event, then click on "Register to Participate in This Event."