The following are rules for qualifying for the Georgia Trout Slam:
- Catch all three species of trout that live in Georgia: Brook Trout, Brown Trout, Rainbow Trout
- Anglers age 16 or older must have a fishing license and a trout license. Both can be purchased at GoOutdoorsGeorgia.com.
- Fish must be legally caught from Georgia waters where you have permission to fish. Fish will also be accepted if they are caught on public boundary waters where a reciprocal fishing license agreement is in place with neighboring states.
- In waters where length limits apply, the fish must be eligible. Otherwise, there is no length limit to be recognized for the Slam.
- Include at least one quality photo of you with each trout, and one side photo of each trout.
- Fish must be caught within the time frame of a calendar year. So, anglers who wish to get recognized for the Georgia Trout Slam for that year must catch a Brook Trout, Rainbow Trout, and Brown Trout and submit their information by midnight December 31st of that calendar year.
- Upload the photos, along with your name, DNR Customer Number, water body, and the county in which it was caught to the submission form. If you are unsure of the trout species, you can still submit the fish and DNR will identify it from the photos and location information provided.
Trout Slam Recognition
Anglers that successfully catch all three species of trout in Georgia, and submit all required information will receive the following:
- The Georgia Trout Slam Sticker
- All successful submissions for the calendar year will go into a drawing for an annual grand prize