"Florence Marina State Park, once home to Native Americans and the old town of Florence, transports you to its agricultural and commercial past, and immerses you in nature by walking forested trails, visiting the Kirbo Interpretive Center, or fishing from the natural deep water marina where the powerful Chattahoochee River meets Lake Walter F. George."
Sitting at the northern end of 45,000 acre Lake Walter F. George (also called Lake Eufaula) this quiet park offers the perfect getaway for those who love water sports. It is adjacent to a natural deep-water marina with an accessible fishing pier, boat slips and boat ramp. Overnight guests can choose from a variety of accommodations, including fully equipped cottages, small efficiency units and a modern campground.
Florence Marina is popular with nature enthusiasts as well. Birders are likely to see herons, egrets and even bald eagles. The Kirbo Interpretive Center showcases area wildlife and plants, local history and Native Americans, including artifacts from the prehistoric Paleo-Indian period through the early 20th century. Eight miles southeast is Providence Canyon State Outdoor Recreation Area, known as Georgia’s Little Grand Canyon.
Reservations, Accommodations & Facilities
- 173 Acres
- 45,000 Acre Lake Walter F. George
- 7 Cottages
- 8 Efficiency Units
- 43 Tent, Trailer & RV Campsites
- 1 Picnic Shelter
- 1 Group Shelter (seats 125)
- Kirbo Interpretive Center
- Boat Ramp
- Boat Dock
- Lighted Fishing Pier
- Marina — 66 boat slips for rent
- 2 Playgrounds
Things To Do & See
- Americus-Sumter County
- Andersonville National Historic Site
- Coca-Cola Space Science Center
- Columbus, GA
- Eufaula National Wildlife Refuge
- Flint RiverQuarium
- George T. Bagby State Park & Lodge & Golf Course
- National Infantry Museum & Soldier Center at Fort Benning
- Providence Canyon State Outdoor Recreation Area
- The National Prisoner of War Museum
- Westville Historic Village
- Hannahatchee Creek WMA
- Lake Walter F. George WMA
In The News
Park 7 a.m.–10 p.m.
Office 8 a.m.–5 p.m.
Fees & Passes
$5 parking. Annual passes available.
218 Florence Road
Omaha, GA 31821
N 32.0895700 | W -85.0430630