Evans County Public Fishing Area is a 372-acre area that offers 3 different lakes for anglers to fish for Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Brown Bullhead, Redear Sunfish, Channel Catfish, and Crappie. Lakes Longleaf, Wood and Bidd Sands attract more than 5,000 anglers each year with an additional almost 4,000 guests visiting the PFA. Bidd Sands Lake offers the best opportunities for anglers to get their hands on some bass in the upper end of the lake during the warmer months along with great hybrid bass. Lake Longleaf is best for Crappie halfway through November to March.
This PFA also offers opportunities for Quota and Youth waterfowl hunts. Please check the Hunting Regulations for more information.
New! Catch a big fish at a Public Fishing Area and you may be eligible for an Angler Award or even a PFA Record award. Learn more about Angler Awards.
15 per person
5 per person with a 14-inch minimum length
5 per person
30 per person
Accommodations & Facilities
- Evans County Archery Range
- Boat Ramps
- Campground — 18 tent, trailer & RV sites, 8 tent-only sites
- Canoe Access
- Event Center
- Fishing Docks
- Nature Trails
- Picnic Sites
- Geocaching — not allowed during managed hunts
- Lake Fishing
- Wildlife Viewing
- Big Hammock WMA
- Bullard Creek WMA
- Fort McAlister State Park
- Fort Morris State Historic Site
- George L. Smith State Park
- Gordonia-Alatamaha State Park
- Griffin Ridge WMA
- Moody Forest WMA
- Morgan Lake WMA
- Ohoopee Dunes WMA
- Oliver Bridge WMA
- Ossabaw Island WMA
- Penholoway Swamp WMA
- Rayonier Corridor Lands WMA
- Richmond Hill WMA & Hatchery
- Sansavilla WMA
- Skidaway Island State Park
- Townsend WMA
- Tuckahoe WMA
- Wormsloe State Historic Site
- Reservations and payment must be made online using a credit card at www.GoOutdoorsGeorgia.com, or 1-800-366-2661 Monday–Friday 8 a.m.–6 p.m., Saturday–Sunday 9 a.m.–5 p.m.
- Campground opens at 7 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m. Check-out time is 3 p.m.
- Camp only in paid camping site, each site is identified by number.
- When all campsites are filled, no additional campers may stay overnight in the camping area. Maximum occupancy is 6 people.
- Maximum stay is 14 days.
- Campers using the site for 14 days must vacate the area for at least 4 days.
- Campers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets are permitted on leash; however, owners are responsible for their conduct and must clean up after them.
- Consideration of others is important at all times. Please observe quiet time between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.