TALON is a one-of-a kind camp for teens with a strong interest in the outdoors, birding and ecology. Each day the adventure begins as we travel by charter bus to barrier islands, state parks, wildlife management areas and refuges along Georgia’s coast. Evening classes challenge our campers with presentations and quizzes about bird identification, songs, behavior, flight, migration and other “birdy” topics. At camp’s end we come home with new and improved birding skills, a better understanding of coastal ecology, and great memories!
- Length of each camp: 6 days, 5 nights.
- Availability: Space for 16 campers at each session.
- Serious students: For beginning to experienced birders who don’t mind long, hot, sometimes “buggy” days on beaches and marshes.
- Ages: Boys and girls ages 14–19. Older birders who have attended before may be eligible for internships.
- 3:1 student/teacher ratio. Trips, classes led by biologists, ornithologists and environmental educators, each with 20+ years of experience.
- Sponsors: Georgia Department of Natural Resources, TERN, Georgia Ornithological Society, and Atlanta Audubon Society.
Check back soon for upcoming trips!
For more information on Camp TALON, or a printable flyer, contact:
TALON is a one-of-a kind camp for teens with a strong interest in the outdoors, birding and ecology.