The Rocky Mountain Recreation and Public Fishing Area is located near the Chattahoochee National Forest and offers 2 lakes totaling 559 acres. Anglers can catch largemouth bass, bluegill, channel catfish, redear sunfish, crappie, and walleye.
Heath Lake is open the 1st–10th of each month and there is now a slot limit on largemouth bass. All largemouth bass 14"–20" must be released immediately. There is still a creel limit of 5 fish, only one of which can be over 20".
It is illegal to possess alcoholic beverages anywhere on the area. No one may rappel, rock climb or hang glide.
This PFA has archery hunting opportunities for deer, turkey and small game. Waterfowl hunting is allowed on Antioch Lake and Heath Lake and hunters may use firearms. Please check the Hunting Regulations for more information.
Catch a big fish at a Public Fishing Area and you may be eligible for an Angler Award or even a PFA Record award. Learn more about Angler Awards.
- Visitor Information
Accommodations & Facilities
- Rocky Mountain Archery Range
- Mountain Bike Trails — not allowed before 10 a.m. during turkey and deer seasons
- Road Biking
- Boat Ramps
- Campsites — RV, tent, & group primitive sites
- Fishing Docks
- Fishing Jetties
- Hiking Trails— not allowed before 10 a.m. during turkey and deer seasons
- Nature Trails
- Picnic Shelters
- Visitor Center
- Geocaching — not allowed before 10 a.m. during turkey and deer seasons
- Swimming- allowed in designated beach area only
- Wildlife Viewing
- Allatoona WMA
- Arrowhead WMA
- Berry College WMA
- Coosawattee WMA
- Carter's Lake WMA
- Crockford-Pigeon Mountain WMA
- Etowah Indian Mounds State Historic Site
- Johns Mountain WMA
- New Echota State Historic Site
- Otting WMA
- Sheffield WMA
- Summerville Fish Hatchery