Registering Your Boat Or PWC

Hull Identification Number


All boats manufactured for sale must have a manufacturers serial number.  All boats manufactured after 1972 must have a Hull Identification Number.  HINs are typically engraved in the fiberglass or on a small metal plate attached to the transom. Record your HIN number and put it in a place away from the boat. It can be useful if warranty problems arise or if your boat is lost or stolen.
You must have a HIN to register your boat if it was built after 1972.   For more information on how to locate your HIN or to obtain a replacement HIN, click here., Used by Permission, Copyright © 2000 by

Receive FREE, timely updates on topics of interest. Sign Up Here!

Available Now! Click here to download.

LICENSES - 3 Ways to Buy

1. Phone 1-800-366-2661
2. Online - here
3. Retail License Vendor listing - here

Turn in Poachers

Call 1-800-241-4113

More Info >