NORTHWEST GEORGIA (Region 1)
Storm damage has created some road issues on Cohutta WMA (see map). The Cohutta Ranger District reports the following issues: temporary gates installed just past Three Forks trailhead and just below Barnes Creek falls. You can get on top of the mountain, but will have to come in from Crandall (FSR 630) or Cisco (FSR 17) and go back out the same way. Vehicles hauling trailers greater than 15 feet beyond Hickey Gap campground are discouraged.
CCC Road is closed (from Emory Creek Parking area to Boatright Valley) due to a rockslide (12-29-15).
Rocky Flats Road (FS 630D) is closed due to storm damage and will re-open when repairs are completed.
- J.L.Lester WMA: The archery range at J.L. Lester WMA currently is closed as staff explores potential renovation options.
- Zahnd WMA: (posted 10-28-16): Access to the parking area and kiosk at Zahnd WMA from South Cedar Lane is temporarily closed. Limited roadside parking is available near the end of the pavement on South Cedar Lane. Please keep vehicles out of the roadway. WMA users also may use the parking area on top of the mountain on Highway 157. Hunters can reach an alternate kiosk location from the Intersection of Hwy. 157 and Dougherty Gap Rd., travel on Hwy 157 north for 4.5 miles. Parking area and kiosk information will be on (left) west side of highway or hunters can check-in online here.
NORTHEAST GEORGIA (Region 2)
Chestatee WMA: Boggs Creek Road is open for day use only.
- Dawson Forest WMA:Click here for current gate schedule and click here for current trail schedule for City of Atlanta Tract on Dawson Forest WMA (July 1, 2016-Aug. 4, 2017).
EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA (Region 3)
- No current road closures
WEST CENTRAL GEORGIA (Region 4)
Clybel WMA (Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center):
- Shooting Range: The 50-yard range is closed on educational Range Days - More information here.
- West Point WMA: The gate by the Edwards Rd Campground on West Point WMA will be closed until further notice due to a logging operation in progress.
SOUTHWEST GEORGIA (Region 5)
- Chickasawhatchee WMA: Flat Loop Bridge remains closed, but is under construction. Alternative routes have been established. Please see linked map for details.
Elmodel WMA: Bridge formerly available on this WMA is permanently closed. Alternative routes have been established. Please see linked map for details.
SOUTHEAST GEORGIA (Region 6)
Beaverdam WMA: Three Bridges Road remains closed due to bridge damage and will remain closed until further notice.
- The Federal Gate located off Hwy. 221 will be closed until further notice due to facilities construction.
- Due to military training needs on the federally owned portion (Hwy. 221 tract) of Grand Bay WMA, that section will be closed to public access on the following dates: 2017-18
COASTAL GEORGIA (Region 7)
Sapelo Island WMA: Upgrades to the Sapelo Hunt Camp dock at Moses Hammock are in progress. Dock access is available but docking space is limited and stream anchoring will likely be required during quota hunts until upgrades are complete. Please come prepared to stream anchor if necessary. Questions? Call WRD Region office at 912-262-3173.
WMAs along Altamaha River: Roads within WMAs along the Altamaha River may be flooded and impassable. Proceed with caution and do not drive a vehicle into deep water. These roads may not be gated or listed as closed. Access to the McGowan Lake tract (Altamaha WMA) is limited and access to the lake is closed due to road damage by the rising water levels.
Clybel WMA 50-yard shooting range at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center will be closed on the following dates due to training courses:
- November 5, 2016 (12 pm - 6 pm)
- December 3, 2016 (10 am - 3 pm)
- January 14, 2017 (10 am - 3 pm)
- March 11, 2017 (10 am - 3 pm)
The 100-yard range, as well as the archery and shotgun range, will be open for shooting. If you have any questions please contact Jody Rice at 770-784-3059.
Clybel WMA 5-stand shooting range at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center will be closed on the following dates due to training courses:
- September 29, 2016 (2 pm - 5:30 pm)
- November 5, 2016 (10 am - 12 pm)
- February 18, 2017 (12 pm - 4 pm)
The 50-yard range, 100-yard range, as well as the archery and other shotgun ranges, will be open for shooting. If you have any questions please contact Jody Rice at 770-784-3059.
ATTENTION BOATERS: Due to the current drought situation in Georgia, please be mindful that some boat ramps may be unusable due to low water situations.
Contact Region offices here should you want to check ramp conditions ahead of time.
Ocmulgee PFA currently closed (including ramps)
- Hwy. 94 Boat Ramp (Charlton County/near city of St. George): Please note that this boat ramp is currently ONLY accessible from the Florida side (from the town of MacClenney from Hwy 121). In Georgia, Hwy. 121 is closed from Folkston to Hwy. 94; and Hwy. 185 is closed from Moniac down to Hwy. 121. Boaters are likely to encounter heavy smoke due to the West Mims Fire currently burning in Okefenokee Wildlife Refuge. St. George is under evacuation due to the heavy smoke and the possible impending spread of wildfire). More info and closure information found HERE (Info Posted May 9, 2017)
Upcoming Maintenance and Construction (Ramps Open)
Closures will be Listed as Information Provided