Located in Georgia's upper coastal plain, McDuffie Public Fishing Area offers anglers 7 ponds ranging in size from 5 to 37 acres. Visitors may fish for Largemouth Bass, Bluegill, Channel Catfish, and Redear Sunfish while enjoying the longleaf pines and sandy soils.
*Note: Rod Bender Lake will be open the 1st through the 15th of each month only.
This area also offers opportunities for dove and waterfowl hunting. Waterfowl hunters must check kiosk at entrance gate for information on which ponds are open. Please check the Hunting Regulations for more information.
ACCOMMODATIONS & FACILITIES
- McDuffie Archery Range
- McDuffie Environmental Education Center
- Boat Ramps
- Campsites - RV and tent*
- Canoe Access
- Nature Trails
- Picnic Shelters
- Picnic Sites
- No reservations - Sites are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Campground opens at 7 a.m. and closes at 10 p.m. Check-out time is 3 p.m.
- Camping Fees - Tent site w/electricity & water is $15 per night, 50-amp RV site is $25 per night.
- To protect McDuffie PFA resources, campsite occupancy is limited to one of the following: one motor home and one automobile, one auto with pop-up tent trailer (or other type trailer), one auto and one pickup with mounted camping rig, or two motorized vehicles.
- Please camp in specified camping areas.
- When all campsites are filled, no additional campers may stay overnight in the park.
- Maximum occupancy of a site is 14 days. Campers using the site for 14 days must vacate the area for at least four days.
- Campers under 16 years of age must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets are permitted; however, owners are responsible for their conduct and must clean up after them.
- Consideration of others is important at all times. Please observe quiet time between 10 p.m. and 7 a.m.
- Lake Fishing
- Wildlife Watching
- Alexander WMA
- Big Dukes Pond WMA
- Di-Lane WMA
- Fishing Creek WMA
- Germany Creek WMA
- Lower Broad River WMA
- Mead Farm WMA
- Oconee WMA
- Phinizy Swamp WMA
- Redlands WMA
- Soap Creek WMA
- Spirit Creek Forest WMA
- Yuchi WMA
- Robert Toombs House Historic Site
- A. H. Stephens State Park
- Elijah Clarke State Park
- Magnolia Springs State Park
- Mistletoe State Park
PFA Office (706) 595-1684
Hunting & Fishing Licenses, Boat Registration 1-800-366-2661
FEES & PASSES
Hunting License, Fishing License or Lands Pass
Open 7 days a week
sunrise to sunset
4695 Fish Hatchery Rd. SE
Dearing, GA 30808
N 33.37779, W -82.4246