Below are some excellent resources, compliments of Texas AgriLife Extension, to educate yourself on how to distinguish feral hog sign, the destructive capability of feral hogs, and proven methods for controlling feral hog populations on your land.
- Recognizing Feral Hog Sign
- Impact of Feral Hogs on Native Plant Communities
- Feral Hogs Impact on Native Wildlife
- Diseases Associated with Feral Hogs
- Excluding Feral Hogs from Wildlife Feeders
- Capture Techniques: Hog Traps
More Feral Hog Information
- Diseases of Feral Swine (USDA and SCWDS brochure)
- Synopsis of the Invasive Species: Feral Hog (includes control methods)
- Video Series on the Feral Hog Pandemic
- Wild Pig Info Website: Mississippi State University has created a website that has several items of interest for landowners and others that wish to learn more about feral pigs and the control of these animals. Items on the website include the publication "A Landowner's Guide to Wild Pig Management" and a link to the film "A Pickup Load of Pigs."
- Nuisance Wildlife in Georgia
Information on feral hogs to assist in population management on your land.