Sign him or her up for a summer camp at the Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center in Mansfield, Ga., encourages the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division.
Camps are available to kids from age 7–16, they range from day to overnight, and might focus or cover topics anywhere from wildlife, conservation, outdoor team challenges, shooting sports and wilderness survival.
Day Camps ($135 per camper)
- Charlie’s Trackers (ages 7–8): June 4–7
- Wildlife Rangers Day Camp Session I (ages 9–10): June 11–14
- Wildlife Rangers Day Camp Session II (ages 9–10): June 18–21
- iCAN (Conserving Animals in Nature (ages 10–12): July 16–18
Overnight Camps ($250 per camper; ACE camp $150)
- Outdoor Adventure Team Challenge (ages 11–13): June 24–28
- Shooting Sports (ages 12–16): July 8–11
- ACE–Adventures in Conservation Education (rising 6–8th graders): July 15–19 (Note: student must complete an essay before May 24 in order to apply for ACE camp)
- Wilderness Survival Camp (ages 12–16): July 22–25
More details about each camp can be found at www.georgiawildlife.com/camps. Interested parents or guardians should complete and submit all application forms and camp fees at least two weeks prior to the camp session.
For more information about summer camps at Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center, call 770–784–3059 or visit www.georgiawildlife.com/camps.