About free fishing days
Georgians of all ages and skill levels are invited to take part in the Peach State's license-free fishing days Saturdays, June 6 & 13, 2020, and Saturday, Sept. 26, 2020. These days are to encourage the responsible use of Georgia's natural resources and introduce all Georgia's to the thrill of reeling in a catch.
- No fishing license, trout license or Lands Pass (Wildlife Management Area/Public Fishing Area) are required to fish.
- Applies to all waters (fresh and saltwater) of the state
- Must be a Georgia resident
- Does not include fees at private lakes
- All other fishing regulations apply
The Coastal Resources Division will offer free fishing clinics to families throughout the months of June and August 2020. Click here to learn more.
Learn more about fishing
Below are several resources to help you and your family about responsible fishing.
- MarineFishesOfGeorgia.org: An interactive resources to learn about Georgia-specific species, including their food value, habitat and seasons.
- Types of saltwater fishing
- Essential saltwater fishing gear
- When to go saltwater fishing
- Saltwater fish species information
Find out where to fish in Georgia
Georgia Outoor Map: Find boat ramps, bait zones, fishing opportunities and more.
Inshore and offshore artificial reefs: Find the location of dozens of artificial reefs across Georgia.
- Fishing methods and habitats: For spotted seatrout, red drum, sheapshead, flounder, black drum, croaker and spot
|For the most current Georgia fishing regulations, visit the e-edition of the Georgia Sport Fishing Regulations Guide 2020 by clicking here or on the cover at right.|
For more information, contact Tyler Jones, Coastal Resources Division communication specialist, at email@example.com or 912-262-3140.