These meetings, sponsored by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division, are one opportunity for the public to provide input for consideration in the development of proposed hunting regulations.
“Science provides the foundation for development of hunting regulations. Additionally, public input is also important and valuable. It is our goal to maintain simple, easy-to-follow hunting regulations that are biologically appropriate while encouraging hunting participation, and maximizing management flexibility and opportunity,” said John Bowers, chief of the Game Management Section.
January 7, 2019, 7 p.m.
- Gainesville Civic Center, Chattahoochee Room (830 Green Street NE, Gainesville, GA 30501)
- Armuchee High School (4203 Martha Berry Highway NW, Rome, GA 30165)
January 10, 2019, 7 p.m.
- Southern Regional Technical College, Room 106-107 D (15689 US-19, Thomasville, GA 31792)
- Coffee County Courthouse (101 Peterson Avenue, Douglas, GA 31533)
- Sweetwater Creek State Park, Group Shelter (1750 Mount Vernon Road, Lithia Springs, GA 30122)
January 14, 2019, 7 p.m.
- GA Tech Savannah (210 Technology Circle, Savannah, GA 31407)
January 16, 2019, 7 p.m.
- Augusta Tech, Thomson Campus (388 Tech Drive, Thomson, GA 30824)
- F.D. Roosevelt State Park, Group Shelter (2970 GA Highway 190, Pine Mountain, GA 31822)
Any participant at a meeting may present data, make a statement or comment, or offer a viewpoint or argument, either orally or in writing. Statements should be concise to permit everyone an opportunity to speak. Participants must register upon arrival and notify the registering official of their intent to give a statement. Those unable to attend a meeting may submit input in one of the following methods (input must be received by Mon., Jan. 21, 2019):
- Statements may be electronically submitted at: https://georgiawildlife.com/regulations/meetings
- Written statements should be mailed to: GA DNR/Wildlife Resources Division/Game Management Section; Attn: Tina Johannsen; 2067 U.S. Highway 278, S.E.; Social Circle, Georgia 30025
- Call 706-557-3350
These meeting sites are accessible to people with physical disabilities. To request sign language interpretation or other auxiliary aids, contact Tina Johannsen at 706-557-3350.
Hunting regulation proposals will be available in early-April and will be considered by the Board of Natural Resources on May 21, 2019.
For more information, visit https://georgiawildlife.com/regulations/meetings.