Licenses Required at a PFA
- Angers 16 years and older must possess a current fishing license, AND a Wildlife Management Area (WMA) license to fish.
- If you have either a Sportsman's, Lifetime, Honorary (resident disability license or resident one-time veteran's license), 3-day Hunting and Fishing License, or 3-day GORP Plus you are NOT required to have a WMA license to fish.
- A WMA license is NOT required to fish at Rocky Mountain Public Fishing Area.
To access a PFA for non-fishing activities, visitors age 16-64 must have one of the following (visitors under age 16 and/or over age 64 are exempt):
Click here to purchase a license or pass!
Hours of Operation:
Nine (of the 10) PFAs are open to the public five days each week (Wednesdays through Sundays), sunrise to sunset. The areas are closed on Mondays and Tuesdays. Rocky Mountain PFA is open seven days a week as this facility is operated under contract with Oglethorpe Power.
Unless posted otherwise at a lake:
Length limit for Largemouth bass - 14 inch minimum
Daily Possession Limits:
- Largemouth bass.....5
- Bream or sunfish (of any one or a combination).....15
- Channel catfish.....5
- Grass carp (white amur) must be immediately released.
Operation of boats:
- You can operate fishing boats propelled by paddles, oars, or electric motors on ponds or lakes, unless otherwise posted.
- You can operate outboard motors at idle speed only on lakes posted as open to the use of outboard motors.