This .kmz file is intended for use with Google Earth and contains approximate boundaries for lands managed by the Georgia Department of Natural Resources. To use it, follow these steps:
- Download the .kmz file to your computer from this link: Google Earth file of DNR lands (may download as a zip file containing the Google Earth KML file). Then double click (left) on the filename. This should open Google Earth if you have it on your computer.
- Under "Places" and then under "Temporary Places" you'll find "gdnrland". Open it by left-clicking on the "x" and then the "x" for the "gdnrland" folder and the names of the sites will be listed.
- Double-click (left) on the name of a site and Google Earth will zoom to that site.
- Conversely, select a polygon representing one of the sites by right-clicking when the "hand" is inside the polygon and then drop down to "properties". Left-clicking on "properties" will bring up the site name.
- Back under "Places", move "gdnrland" from "Temporary Places" to "My Places" to keep it on permanently.
Click on map to view DNR managed lands