Wildlife Management Area News
- During times of inclement weather (ice, snow, flooding), roads are sometimes closed on various state and federal properties. Click here if you have concerns about an area you are scheduled to visit soon.
US FOREST SERVICE NEWS AND ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION
- Campfire safety tips . WMAs on national forests include Cohutta, Johns Mountain, Rich Mountain, Blue Ridge, Chattahoochee, Chestatee, Coopers Creek, Lake Russell, Swallow Creek, Warwoman, Redlands and Cedar Creek.
- SPECIAL NOTICE: USFS ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION
- TEMPORARY CLOSURE-Oconee National Forest: FS Roads 1099, 1018, 1011 and 1016 temporarily closed for the month of April 2017 for hazard tree removal. More info HERE .
- Dawson Forest WMA-City of Atlanta Tract (July 1, 2016-Aug. 4, 2017): Gate Schedule ; Trail Schedule . Additional closures (roads/tracts) found here
- Grand Bay WMA - Federal Portion: 2016-2017 Closure Schedule: Click here
- Help us keep vandals from destroying WMA roads (see example image). Damaged roads take time and money to repair. Report any misuse of state property to the Ranger Hotline (1.800.241.4113) or call the appropriate WRD office .
 http://georgiawildlife.com/sites/default/files/uploads/wildlife/hunting/wma/pdfs/WMARoadClosure-DawsonForestGate 2016-17.pdf
 http://georgiawildlife.com/sites/default/files/uploads/wildlife/hunting/wma/pdfs/WMARoadClosure-DawsonForestTrail 2016-17.pdf
 http://georgiawildlife.com/sites/default/files/uploads/wildlife/hunting/wma/pdfs/WMARoadClosureGBWMA 2016-17.pdf