Wildlife Management Area News
- As of Dec. 7, 2016, DNR Wildlife Resources Division has lifted the campfire restriction put in place in late October on state-operated WMAs and PFAs.
- During times of inclement weather (ice, snow, flooding), roads are sometimes closed on various state and federal properties. Click here if you have concerns about an area you are scheduled to visit soon.
US FOREST SERVICE NEWS AND ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION
- The U.S. Forest Service has lifted the forest-wide fire restriction provision in effect on the Chattahoochee and Oconee national forests since Nov. 8, 2016. Forest visitors are urged to use caution when building and maintaining campfires, and to always put out fires completely so that they are cool to the touch. Even with recent rains, national forests in Georgia remain in drought status. Campfire safety tips . WMAs on national forests include Cohutta, Johns Mountain, Rich Mountain, Blue Ridge, Chattahoochee, Chestatee, Coopers Creek, Lake Russell, Swallow Creek, Warwoman, Redlands and Cedar Creek.
- SPECIAL NOTICE: USFS ROAD CLOSURE INFORMATION
- Dawson Forest WMA-City of Atlanta Tract (July 1, 2016-Aug. 4, 2017): Gate Schedule ; Trail Schedule . Additional closures (roads/tracts) found here
- Grand Bay WMA - Federal Portion: 2016-2017 Closure Schedule: Click here
- Help us keep vandals from destroying WMA roads (see example image). Damaged roads take time and money to repair. Report any misuse of state property to the Ranger Hotline (1.800.241.4113) or call the appropriate WRD office .
 http://georgiawildlife.com/sites/default/files/uploads/wildlife/hunting/wma/pdfs/WMARoadClosure-DawsonForestGate 2016-17.pdf
 http://georgiawildlife.com/sites/default/files/uploads/wildlife/hunting/wma/pdfs/WMARoadClosure-DawsonForestTrail 2016-17.pdf
 http://georgiawildlife.com/sites/default/files/uploads/wildlife/hunting/wma/pdfs/WMARoadClosureGBWMA 2016-17.pdf