Archery Equipment Information
The basic archery kit contains the following:
- 10 right-handed Genesis bows
- 2 left handed Genesis bows
- 5 targets
- 5-dozen aluminum arrows
- 1 backstop safety net
- 1 equipment repair kit
- 1 bow rack
This equipment is available to participating schools at a discounted rate.
Equipment News and Available Resources from NASP:
- *New teaching tools are now available from nasparchery.com . The following training banners are available for purchase by submitting this order form.
- Banner 1: Draw Length; Banner 2: 11 Steps to Archery Success
- *Order Easton replacement parts for the NASP program easily with this order form.
- Click here for information on the proper installation of a 'tied on string nock.'
- For additional instructor resources and information, visit the NASP Web site.
- Bow Storage Cases: Plano Archery Storage Packages are being offered at a discount to NASP members. Click here for more information.
Possible sources for financial assistance:
- School Districts general fund: When the administrators are introduced to this program and see how this is program has positively influenced students across the state in the following areas: attendance, behavior, self-esteem, confidence, on-task behavior, they have been finding the money.
- 21st Century Community Learning Centers Program- http://public.doe.k12.ga.us
- 21st Century Grants- www.ed.gov
- Gear-Up Grants- www.ed.gov
- GON Network
- National Wild Turkey Federation
- Ducks Unlimited
- Local Merchants sponsoring equipment with their logos on the equipment
- After-School Alliances grants
- Rotary Clubs: Their International Program has adopted NASP as a great program to support- www.rotary.org
- Sportsmans Clubs
- BASS Clubs
- Parents/Citizens involved in fund raising activities
- Selling Candy, car washes, donations on quilts, donations on a bow
- Local archery shop or Sportsmans Club hosting a 3-D or indoor tournament all proceeds going to local school for purchasing archery equipment
- School hosting an archery tournament for community
- Grants that target disadvantages students
- Special needs student funds from local district
- Currently there is 67 + million dollars of grants that is available through various physical education grants that directly fit this program &all school systems have grant writers that can assist with this. The disadvantage the grants may take 6 months to a year to be awarded.