Growing Up WILD
Growing Up WILD: Exploring Nature with Young Children is an early childhood education activity guide that builds on children’s sense of wonder about nature and invites them to explore wildlife and the world around them. Through a wide range of activities and experiences, it provides a foundation for developing positive impressions about nature while also building lifelong social and cognitive skills.
Growing Up WILD’s activity guide:
- Is written for early childhood educators of children ages 3-7.
- Features 27 field-tested, hands-on, nature-based activities in a full-color 11"x17’’ activity guide.
- Includes crafts, art projects, music, conservation activities, reading and math connections and much more.
- Involves social, emotional, physical, language, and cognitive domains to help foster learning and development in all areas.
- Supports developmentally appropriate practice allowing children to learn at levels that are individually, socially, and culturally appropriate.
- Is correlated to the National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC) Standards and the Head Start Domains.
Upcoming Growing Up WILD workshops
Facilitator Training Evaluation Form