This section of the HR Intranet (Personnel / Position Action Requests) was designed to provide information for the completion of Personnel / Position Action Request Forms (PAR). A Personnel / Position action request is a request for a change to personnel data and/or a change in the status of an employee / applicant (e.g. promotion, demotion, hire, salary increase, data change, transfer, termination, etc.) Agency managers may make a Personnel / Position Action Request by completing the PAR Form located below and forwarding it for required signatures. The reference documents and information below may be used to gather information to accurately complete the PAR Form.
Personnel / Position Action Requests must include the following:
- A justification/rationale regarding the need for the requested personnel action. For example, for a job change (reallocation) of a position describes the rationale for the request to change the job title of the position (ie, reorganization, change in duties, etc.).
- A description of duties. (Only if requesting a change affecting the job title or pay grade.) Provide a document describing each duty of the position. State job descriptions, and/or performance plan responsibilities of a similar position may be used to develop the description of duties however a generic Department of Administrative Services - Human Resources Administration (DOAS - HRA) job description will not be accepted for this purpose. This information will be used to determine the appropriate job title. This information will also be used to determine the appropriate FLSA code for the position. Please note that in order for the position to be considered for designation as exempt the following information must be included: 1. What is the primary duty of the position? 2. Does the position require discretion and independent judgment in matters of significance and provide examples. 3. Is the employee's primary duty the performance of work requiring advanced knowledge, defined as work which is predominantly intellectual in character (provide examples). Additional information may be requested.
- An organizational chart reflecting the relationship of positions in the unit that includes the position for which the request has been made. (See sample organization chart and instructions at the bottom of this page.) Organization charts must reflect the hierarchy of the organizational unit, and must contain the current revision date, employee names, job titles, position numbers, and pay grades. Organizational charts submitted with a PAR requesting a change in job title(s) must reflect the proposed job title. Note: Do not fill in the boxes with a colored background as this often makes copies of the charts illegible.
- A completed Employment Application (if the request will require an assessment of the applicant/employee qualifications.)
- One of the following statements in the comments section of the PAR regarding the Commercial Drivers License (CDL), requirement. 1. 'The position requires a CDL and the incumbent possesses a CDL.' or 2.'The position requires eligibility to possess a CDL. The new hire/transfer does not possess a CDL but will obtain a CDL.' See CDL Information sheet and CDL memo below that provide more information regarding CDL requirements.
- A signed Acknowledgement Statement - Employee Moving From a Classified to an Unclassified Position is required only if the personnel action results in the employee moving from a classified position to an unclassified position. The Acknowledgement Statement is located in the Forms and Instructions section below.
Form and Instructions
PAR Reference documents
Organization Chart Information