Only one month left to take part in the Bobberthon fishing tournament. Bobberthon is a tournament at which registered anglers catch tagged bream in any of three public fishing area lakes. The angler then must register their tag. These first few steps can guarantee a prize – but then even more prizes are available!
The Grand Prize for winning the Grand Bobberthon tournament is a brand new boat! Other prizes include great trips, outdoorsman gift basket, cash prizes, gift certificates, savings bonds, fish cooker and more!
Quick Tournament Details
· Registration: Interested anglers can register at any participating vendor (list found online at the Bobberthon website). Registration is available through Sept. 11, 2010.
· Fishing Locations: Once registered, anglers are instructed to fish at any of three local public fishing area lakes (Dodge County, Ocmulgee and Flat Creek) that have tagged bream. UPDATE: Additional tagged fish are being added to lakes this week!
· Tag Reporting: If an angler catches a tagged bream, they need to register the tag number by visiting any of the participating vendors (same vendors as registration) by Sept. 11, 2010.
· Tournament Dates: Dates to catch a tagged bream are July 17th-Sept. 11, 2010. Anglers that catch and report a tagged bream during that time are eligible to participate in the Grand Bobberthon Tournament on Sept. 25, 2010 (visit the website for more info on the Grand Bobberthon Tournament).
· Prizes: A list of current prizes can be found at the Bobberthon website.
The event is a collaborative effort between the Georgia Department of Natural Resources/Wildlife Resources Division, Georgia Department of Economic Development and four local communities (Bleckley, Houston, Dodge and Pulaski).
For more information about Bobberthon, visit www.gofishgeorgia.com (click on Bobberthon link on home page) or call the Fisheries Management office at 478-825-6151.