The Nongame Conservation Section's sea turtle conservation program depends heavily on the Georgia Sea Turtle Cooperative. This network involves about 200 volunteers, researchers and agency employees who patrol beaches daily during nesting season to mark, monitor and protect sea turtle nests.
Organizations and agencies include:
- Caretta Foundation
- Caretta Research Project
- Cumberland Island National Seashore
- Georgia Southern University
- Jekyll Island Authority/Georgia Sea Turtle Center
- Little Cumberland Island Homeowners Association
- St. Catherines Island Foundation
- St. Simons Island Sea Turtle Project
- Sea Island Co.
- The Lodge at Little St. Simons Island
- Tybee Island Marine Science Center
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service's Savannah Coastal Refuges.