Georgia hunters, anglers and wildlife enthusiasts now have a new cutting edge app to enhance their hunting and fishing activities, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division.
“We are very excited about the debut of the official Outdoors GA app,” said Dan Forster, Director of the Wildlife Resources Division. “This new, free mobile app gives both novice and seasoned sportsmen and outdoor enthusiasts essential information in the palm of their hand.”
- Quick access to Georgia rules and regulations
- Carry an electronic copy of your license
- Access your current harvest record and Georgia Game Check
- Use geo-locating tools to enhance your recreational experience
- Determine sunset/sunrise times based on GPS location and other useful tools
- Find public fishing areas, boat ramps, and wildlife management areas near you
“This new mobile app is a no-cost enhancement to make outdoor participation easier and more enjoyable,” said Richard Wise, President of app developer Brandt Information Systems. “The free app gives customers access to all of their license documents and outdoor resources in one central place.”
Wildlife Resources Division manages nearly one million acres of public lands for wildlife and habitat in Georgia. These Wildlife Management Areas and Public Fishing Areas are featured on the app. Hunters also can use the app to satisfy the new requirement of having a harvest record and Georgia Game Check for turkey and deer.
Download the free app now on your mobile device through the Apple or Google Play Store and search “Outdoors GA.”