Almost one year since its debut, the free Outdoors GA app receives a new update allowing hunters to check their harvest without needing cell service, according to the Georgia Department of Natural Resources’ Wildlife Resources Division.
“We continue to be pleased with this free mobile app that gives both novice and seasoned outdoor enthusiasts essential information in the palm of their hand,” said Rusty Garrison, Director of the Wildlife Resources Division. “The fact that it now offers a service without needing to be in cell range makes it even more beneficial, providing the opportunity for the user to go ‘paperless.’”
Updates to the App include:
- Hunters can now “check” harvested game even with NO available cell service – eliminating the need to keep a paper copy of a harvest record, unless desired.
- Updated “look and feel” to the app.
Existing App Features include:
- Quick access to Georgia rules and regulations
- Carry an electronic copy of your license
- Access your current harvest record and Georgia Game Check
- Use geo-locating tools to enhance your recreational experience
- Determine sunset/sunrise times based on GPS location and other useful tools
- Find public fishing areas, boat ramps, and wildlife management areas near you
Download the free app now on your mobile device through the Apple or Google Play Store and search “Outdoors GA.”