NORTHWEST GEORGIA (Region 1)
Storm damage has created some road issues on Cohutta WMA (see map). The Cohutta Ranger District reports the following issues: temporary gates installed just past Three Forks trailhead and just below Barnes Creek falls. You can get on top of the moutain, but will have to come in from Crandall (FSR 630) or Cisco (FSR 17) and go back out the same way. Vehicles hauling trailers greater than 15 feet beyond Hickey Gap campground are discouraged.
CCC Road is closed (from Emory Creek Parking area to Boatright Valley) due to a rockslide (12-29-15).
USFS Landslide Closure Letter
Rocky Flats Road (FS 630D) is closed due to storm damage and will re-open when repairs are completed.
- Zahnd WMA: (posted 9-1-16): South Cedar Lane Gate:
- If Gate is open: Drive through to WMA parking area and sign-in kiosk on state-owned land.
- If Gate is closed, but not locked: You may Open gate and drive through to WMA parking area and sign-in kiosk on state-owned land.
- If Gate is closed and locked: Contact the GA DNR Game Management Office at 706-295-6041 to report it. WMA users also may park along the road (on state-owned land), being careful to avoid blocking through access for residents and other WMA users. WMA users are allowed to travel along the easement of the road through private land.
NORTHEAST GEORGIA (Region 2)
Lake Russell WMA: USFS has closed all gates on Lake Russell WMA until this winter storm passes (as of Jan. 20, 2016).
Wilson Shoals WMA: Chimney Rd, Turner Ridge Rd and the lower half of Harwick Rd on Wilson Shoals WMA are closed until Monday (Jan. 25, 2016). Access is available through Grant Mill Rd, Hunt Camp Rd and the portion of Harick Rd down to the intersection with Hunt Camp Rd.
EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA (Region 3)
WEST CENTRAL GEORGIA (Region 4)
- Beaverdam WMA: Several bottomland roads at Beaverdam WMA will be closed until flood waters of Oconee River recede and roads are suitable for traffic. These roads include Boat Landing Road; Three Bridges Road (closed at first bridge); and the swamp road between Three Bridges Road and Boat Landing Road.
- Clybel WMA (Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center):
- The 50-yard range is closed on educational Range Days - More information here.
- West Point WMA: The gate by the Edwards Rd Campground on West Point WMA will be closed until further notice due to a logging operation in progress.
SOUTHWEST GEORGIA (Region 5)
- Chickasawhatchee WMA: Flat Loop Bridge remains closed, but is under construction. Alternative routes have been established. Please see linked map for details.
SOUTHEAST GEORGIA (Region 6)
COASTAL GEORGIA (Region 7)