FIRE RESTRICTION ON US FOREST SERVICE LAND: The USDA U.S. Forest Service has instituted a forest-wide fire restriction provision in effect from Oct. 24-Dec. 31., 2016 on the Chattahoochee-Oconee National Forest. This includes ANY WMAs* that are on National Forest land. More information from USFS here.
*WMAs include: Cohutta, Johns Mountain, Rich Mountain, Blue Ridge, Chattahoochee, Chestatee, Coopers Creek, Lake Russell, Swallow Creek, Warwoman, Redlands, Cedar Creek
NORTHWEST GEORGIA (Region 1)
NORTHEAST GEORGIA (Region 2)
EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA (Region 3)
WEST CENTRAL GEORGIA (Region 4)
- Beaverdam WMA: Several bottomland roads at Beaverdam WMA will be closed until flood waters of Oconee River recede and roads are suitable for traffic. These roads include Boat Landing Road; Three Bridges Road (closed at first bridge); and the swamp road between Three Bridges Road and Boat Landing Road.
- Clybel WMA (Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center):
- The 50-yard range is closed on educational Range Days - More information here.
- West Point WMA: The gate by the Edwards Rd Campground on West Point WMA will be closed until further notice due to a logging operation in progress.
SOUTHWEST GEORGIA (Region 5)
- Chickasawhatchee WMA: Flat Loop Bridge remains closed, but is under construction. Alternative routes have been established. Please see linked map for details.
SOUTHEAST GEORGIA (Region 6)
COASTAL GEORGIA (Region 7)
Sapelo Island WMA: Upgrades to the Sapelo Hunt Camp dock at Moses Hammock are in progress. Dock access is available but docking space is limited and stream anchoring will likely be required during quota hunts until upgrades are complete. Please come prepared to stream anchor if necessary. Questions? Call WRD Region office at 912-262-3173.
WMAs along Altamaha River: Roads within WMAs along the Altamaha River may be flooded and impassable. Proceed with caution and do not drive a vehicle into deep water. These roads may not be gated or listed as closed. Access to the McGowan Lake tract (Altamaha WMA) is limited and access to the lake is closed due to road damage by the rising water levels.