NORTHWEST GEORGIA (Region 1)
Berry College WMA: The dove field road at Berry College WMA is closed due to flooding. Road will re-open once conditions improve.
CCC Road is closed (from Emory Creek Parking area to Boatright Valley) due to a rockslide (12-29-15).
Rocky Flats Road (FS 630D) is closed due to storm damage and will re-open when repairs are completed.
Crockford-Pigeon Mountain WMA: Rocky Lane Road is closed from Pettyjohns Camping Area to the top of the mountain due to damage. Visitors wishing to access the top of the mountain will need to access Rocky Lane via Dougherty Gap Road near GA 157. WMA visitors should exercise caution and expect poor road conditions.
NORTHEAST GEORGIA (Region 2)
Chestatee WMA: Boggs Creek Road is open for day use only.
- Dawson Forest WMA:Click here for current gate schedule and click here for current trail schedule for City of Atlanta Tract on Dawson Forest WMA (July 1, 2015-June 30, 2016).
Lake Russell WMA: USFS has closed all gates on Lake Russell WMA until this winter storm passes (as of Jan. 20, 2016).
Wilson Shoals WMA: Chimney Rd, Turner Ridge Rd and the lower half of Harwick Rd on Wilson Shoals WMA are closed until Monday (Jan. 25, 2016). Access is available through Grant Mill Rd, Hunt Camp Rd and the portion of Harick Rd down to the intersection with Hunt Camp Rd.
EAST CENTRAL GEORGIA (Region 3)
- Tuckahoe WMA: The swamp at Tuckahoe is currently flooded (Nov 12, 2015), making up to 3/4 of the area inaccessible. Staff hopes it will drain prior to November sign-in deer hunt (Nov. 27-Dec. 5), but this depends on rainfall and how much water is released upstream by Corps of Engineers.
WEST CENTRAL GEORGIA (Region 4)
- Beaverdam WMA: Several bottomland roads at Beaverdam WMA will be closed until flood waters of Oconee River recede and roads are suitable for traffic. These roads include Boat Landing Road; Three Bridges Road (closed at first bridge); and the swamp road between Three Bridges Road and Boat Landing Road.
- Clybel WMA (Charlie Elliott Wildlife Center):
- The 50-yard range is closed on educational Range Days - More information here.
- The 100-yard firearms range will close on Oct. 20, 2015 for a 4-6 week period to make improvements.
Oaky Woods WMA:
The gate to the road that goes down to the river on Oaky Woods WMA is closed (beginning Dec. 23, 2015) due to rising river levels.
Heads up to hunters taking part in the buck only hunt (Dec. 31, 2015-Jan. 2, 2016), crews will be out planting pines during this time. See this map for planting locations.
Ocmulgee WMA: The gate located behind the check station currently is closed due to flooding. Roads, especially Westlake and the dirt road portion of Albert Jenkins, can be treacherous during inclement weather, so use caution and be sure you have a plan in the event you get stuck.
SOUTHWEST GEORGIA (Region 5)
- Mayhaw WMA: Due to excess rainfall followed by creek flooding, many roads on this WMA are impassable. Hunters are asked to use caution and should not attempt to drive through flooded areas of the roads.
SOUTHEAST GEORGIA (Region 6)
COASTAL GEORGIA (Region 7)